Experience Golf in Myrtle Beach
Here’s some general information that should help you with your Myrtle Beach SC golfing experience while staying at Oceana Resorts. Please note that since this is simply general information, policies may be slightly different at some courses.
- Always arrive early: Arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your confirmed tee time. Please call the course if you are going to be late. If you are late, the course may not be able to get you out and you may still be charged.
- Carts are required: Carts are required at all courses and are already included in most of our golf packages.
- Arriving at the course: Please go straight to the pro shop and check in upon arriving at the course and present your golf ticket.
- Clothing: Proper golf attire is required on all courses to include shirts with collars. No denim, athletic pants or tee shirts are acceptable.
- Spikes: Soft spikes are required at all courses in Myrtle Beach.
- Weather policies: Always check to find out if it is raining at the course. The Grand Strand is a very large area and many times it will be raining at the hotel, but not at the course. If it is raining, the course will give you the choice to play or accept a rain check. You must go to the course to get this rain check. If you want a refund instead, our staff must call for you to see if this is possible. In every case, the decision is always up to the course. Remember, once you have teed off and it’s raining, you will probably get any credit issued by the golf course will be in the form of a rain check.
- Frost delay: When there is frost on the ground– this can happen late fall thru early spring–there will be a delay. The course decides when to start the tee times on these days and there usually are no refunds given. Be sure to call the course on these mornings to determine how long the delay may be.
- Changes and cancellations: Changes or cancellations to confirmed golf tee times must be made no less than two weeks prior to date of play.
- Replays: To be guaranteed a time, you must pre-book the replay at the full course price. If you want to take a chance that times will be available on the day of play, check with the course when you show up for your regular time and ask about a replay. If an afternoon time is available, you may get a reduced price.
- Double tee: This occurs at most of the courses in Myrtle Beach. The courses tee off golfers from 7:00 am to 9:30 am on #1 and #10 at the same time. When the golfers finish their 9-holes of golf, approximately 2-1/2 hours later, they cross over to play the other 9 holes of the course. Therefore there are no times available from 9:30-12:00. The process begins all over again at 12:00. Each course is different so the starting and ending times may vary from course to course by 15-30 minutes.
- Number of golfers in your group: If you book less than 4 golfers, the course will probably pair other golfers with you. For instance, if you are a twosome, you will probably have another twosome or a single paired with you.
- Course maintenance: Many courses aerate and overseed during May and September. Call the golf department to make sure this isn’t happening to one of your scheduled courses during your trip. You may want to reschedule.
- Cart attendants, bag guys, beverage girls, etc. Please take care of these people for taking care of you.
- Coolers: Coolers are usually not allowed on the courses.
- Golf Tickets. Golf Tickets should be picked up at the front desk each morning.
Please follow proper golf etiquette and let others play thru if your group is slow and have a great time while you golf in Myrtle Beach SC along the Grand Strand.
For more information call 1-866-542-4339 or email email@example.com