Dates of Tournament:
May 17 – 20, 2015
This 54-hole, two person team tournament features a different format each day.
2015 Veterans Golf Classic Host Accommodations
Call 1-877-840-8467 to reserve your accommodations!
Be sure to mention Veterans Golf Classic Group Code VETERANS when making reservations.
Carolinian Beach Resort
- Oceanfront Efficiency $79* per night
- Ocean View 1 Bedroom Suite $89* per night
- Oceanfront 1 Bedroom Suite $99* per night
*COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST INCLUDED. Some restrictions may apply. Room rates are based on 2 people per bedroom; additional persons over 17 add $20.00 per night, plus tax. Taxes and fees are not included. Rates valid 5/17/15 – 5/21/15.
At least one team member must be an active or veteran military service member. Singles are welcome and will be paired prior to the event.
A two-person team, 54-Hole competition of:
Best-Ball (Round 1)
- Each team member plays his or her own ball
- Select best team net score on each hole
- Men will play 90% of their handicap, while women will play to 95% of their handicap
Combined Team Net Score (Round 2)
- Each team member plays his or her own ball
- Add each team member’s 18-hole net score to calculate team score
- 100% of each team member’s handicap will be used
Scramble (Round 3)
- Each team member tees off
- Select best tee shot of the team, both team members hit from there
- Continue that process until the ball is holed
- A minimum of six drives per team member must be used
- Team handicap calculate using the USGA suggested formula of adding 35% of the A players handicap to 15% of the B player handicap
The tournament will be conducted using the USGA Slope Handicap System. Entrants’ handicap indexes will be used to establish a daily handicap based on the USGA slope rating of the course played along with the respective daily team format.
A handicap verification form will be included in each mailed participant confirmation packet. The form, along with the required documents must be returned to tournament headquarters at the instructed time. The participant must clearly indicate his/her most current 18-hole handicap index and include a list of scores used in the calculation of the handicap. If a participant does not have an established USGA Handicap index, please send no less than 10 of your MOST RECENT scorecards with the submitted handicap verification form. DO NOT SEND IN SCORE CARDS OR HANDICAPS WITH YOUR ENTRY. If you send in scorecards, the Handicap Committee will establish an index for you that is subject to reductions.
Any participant found, at any time, to be using a fraudulent handicap will be expelled from the tournament and all fees will be forfeited.
In addition, players who score exceptionally low scores will have their handicap reviewed and adjusted if necessary on a daily basis. Any player who scores exceptionally low scores after being adjusted may be disqualified. Any players disqualified will forfeit all paid tournament fees. All decisions of the Tournament Committee are final.
Full refunds will be provided for cancellations received in the tournament office by 5pm on May 1, 2015. A $90 refund will be provided for cancellations received between May 2, 2015 and May 17, 2015. No refunds will be given for any reason after tournament play begins at 8:30am est on Monday, May 18, 2015. Requests are accepted via fax, mail or email only. The tournament is not responsible for lost or misdirected refund requests. Please allow 2-3 weeks for the processing of the refund request. Refunds must be requested in writing.
No refunds or exchanges will be made if the tournament is canceled or shortened due to weather or nature.
Rules of Play
The USGA Rules of Golf will govern play. Local rules at each course will apply. The Tournament Committee will resolve all disputes regarding every aspect of tournament play.
- TBD - Past participant, before 5:00 PM EST March 23, 2015
- TBD – New participant, and anyone entered after March 24, 2015
- Entry deadline is May 1, 2015
- Three (3) rounds of tournament golf – Green fee, cart fee, range balls
- Welcome Reception & Registration Sunday with guest – Beverages included
- Awards Banquet Wednesday evening with guest – Dinner and beverages included
- Veteran’s Golf classic logo hat & shirt
- Top Flight finishers awarded prizes
- Daily contest prizes in each flight
For additional information visit the Veteran’s Golf Classic website.
To contact the event staff, Call 1-800-833-8798, choose option 6 or Email: email@example.com