At Oceana Resorts, the health and safety of our guests is our number one priority. With that in mind, we want to answer some frequently asked questions related to upcoming reservations.
Our Customer Experience team is prepared to answer your questions and can be reached any time at 855-325-1848.
Is the beach closed?
No, all public beach access points in the Horry County area are open.
Are face coverings required?
Face coverings are recommended in many establishments and you are encouraged to bring yours from home. Oceana Resorts will not be providing face masks for guests.
Ordinances vary by municipality.
North Myrtle Beach & Horry County recommend face masks in all retail establishments, which include grocery stores, pharmacies, commercial stores, clothing stores, home improvement stores, and personal service establishments like salons and spas as well as all enclosed common areas of resorts and hotels.
The City of Myrtle Beach expands on the recommendation above to also include restaurants until your food is served and all enclosed common areas of resorts and hotels. This will include hotel lobbies, gift shops, restaurants, enclosed corridors, indoor pool areas (unless swimming). The City of Myrtle Beach also recommends face coverings anytime social distancing cannot be maintained and in groups of 10 or more.
Specific details and ordinances can be found here.
What are you doing to keep guests safe?
Between each stay in an Oceana Resorts condo, and across all our regions and offices, our local cleaning and maintenance teams have deployed enhanced cleaning procedures, in line with World Health Organization (WHO) and Health and Safety Executive (HSE) recommendations. Common areas of the resort are being cleaned at an increased frequency with bleach based cleaners or anti-viral approved cleaners. All staff are trained and required to follow CDC cleaning and hygiene recommendations. Additional housekeeping policies are being implemented to further increase your safety:
- Each rental is fully cleaned and sanitized between each stay.
- Each rental is fully restocked with necessary supplies for your length of stay upon arrival.
- Daily trash removal, towel service, and mid-stay housekeeping services will be suspended. Trash removal, towel replacement, and additional supplies will be available by request.
- Guests are requested to wear a face mask when in common areas of the resort.
- Social distancing is encouraged during check-in. We ask that only one person per family comes to check-in to limit the number of people in the lobby at any given time.
The best line of defense against coronavirus is taking measures to not contract it. These are the most effective preventative measures everyone can take:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and hot water, lathering for at least 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitizer if you do not have access to soap and water.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Avoid contact with sick people, and stay home and seek medical attention if you feel sick.
- Guests and employees are encouraged to wear face masks when in close contact with others.
Read the CDC recommendations for further information.
Our thoughts are with you during this time, and we want to do our best to support you.
We are continuing to closely monitor this situation as it develops. We’ll update this page as new information becomes available.