Dates of Tournament:
June 4 – 7, 2017
This 54-hole, two person team tournament features a different format each day.
2017 Veterans Golf Classic Host Accommodations
Call (877) 840-8467 to reserve your accommodations!
Be sure to mention Veterans Golf Classic Group Code VETERANS when making reservations.
Carolinian Beach Resort
- Oceanfront Standard Room $87* per night
- Ocean View 1 Bedroom Suite $97* per night
- Oceanfront 1 Bedroom Suite $107* per night
*FREE hot continental breakfast included. Some restrictions may apply. Room rates are based on 2 people per bedroom; additional persons over 17 add $20.00 per night, plus tax. Taxes and fees are not included. Dates of stay must include nights of 6/4/17 – 6/6/16. Rates valid 6/1/17 – 6/10/17.
At least one team member must be an active or veteran U.S. military service member. Singles are welcome and will be paired prior to the event.
A two-person team, 54-Hole competition of:
Tournament Round 1 – Best Ball
- Shotgun start at 8:30 AM
- Each member will play their own ball and the lowest score of the two team members will be recorded as the score for that hole.
- Each male team member will use 80% of their current handicap, while females will use 85% of their current handicap
Tournament Round 2 – Combined Team Net Score
- Shotgun start at 8:30 AM
- Each team member will play their own ball from tee to green and record their score. Both team member’s scores will be combined for each hole to determine the team score.
- Each member will use $90% of their current handicap
Tournament Round 3 – Scramble
- Shotgun start at 8:30 AM
- Each team member tees off
- Select the best tee shot of the team and both team members will hit from that spot. Continue that process until the ball is holed. A minimum of six tee shots per team member must be used.
- Team handicap will be calculated using 25% of each player’s current handicap
The tournament will be conducted using the USGA Slope Handicap System. Entrants’ handicap indexes will be used to establish a daily handicap based on the USGA slope rating of the course played along with the respective daily team format.
Participants will submit their USGA Handicap or international equivalent via electronic form that will be e-mailed to you on May 15, 2017. Tournament staff will use that factor to flight each team and all handicaps will be based on that information. The submitted Handicap will be evaluated and may be reduced accordingly if any of the following criteria are not met:
a. Entrant does not have twenty (20) scores posted for the calendar year
b. Entrant does not have one (1) tournament round posted in the last 12 months
c. Entrant does not have any scores posted after April 15, 2017
d. Entrant does not provided Handicap Committee with their Handicap Chairman contact information
If a participant’s handicap index for any reason is not an accurate reflection of the participants playing ability, it is THEIR responsibility to notify tournament officials prior to the event. A valid USGA handicap reflects all golf scores regardless of the course or conditions (as long as the round was played under the Rules of Golf), and must be formulated according to the guidelines established by the USGA. Any unusual posting procedures, such as ceasing to post scores for a period leading up to the event, may be grounds for adjustments or disqualification.
The Handicap Committee reserves the right to adjust a participant’s index prior to or during the event.
All participants are required to notify a tournament official of any handicap changes prior to the event and after verification forms are returned.
A difference of .1 in your index can result in one more or less strokes on a given day. Please ensure that the handicap provided is accurate to the decimal place.
Women will be allowed a handicap index up to 40.4 and men up to 36.4 as per the USGA policy.
Any participant found, at any time, to be using a fraudulent handicap will be expelled from the tournament and all fees will be forfeited.
In addition, players who score exceptionally low scores will have their handicap reviewed and adjusted if necessary on a daily basis. Any player who scores exceptionally low scores after being adjusted may be disqualified. Any players disqualified will forfeit all paid tournament fees. All decisions of the Tournament Committee are final.
The Veterans Classic will refund any participant that may cancel between their date of entry and May 2, 2017 minus a $35 cancellation fee. Any cancellation received after May 2, 2017 and before the start of registration on June 3, 2017 will be refunded, minus a $100 cancellation fee. Cancellations received after the start of registration on June 3, 2017 will not be refunded any of their entry fee. Any cancellations must be in writing and sent to the Tournament staff either by email or by direct mail. Emails can be sent to email@example.com and written cancellations may be sent to VETERANS CLASSIC REFUNDS/1705 N Oak St, Suite 6/Myrtle Beach SC 29577.
Refunds Due To Weather
No refunds or exchanges will be made if the tournament is canceled or shortened due to weather or nature.
Rules of Play
The USGA Rules of Golf will govern play. Local rules at each course will apply. The Tournament Committee will resolve all disputes regarding every aspect of tournament play.
- $260 USD Per returning player before March 24, 2017
- $280 USD Per NEW player and anyone entering after March 24, 2017
- Entry deadline is May 13, 2017 or first 480 entries, whichever comes first
- Three (3) rounds of tournament golf – Green fee, cart fee, range balls
- Two (2) drink tickets per player at each golf course; valid for domestic draft beer, fountain soda or water
- Welcome Reception & Registration Sunday afternoon – Beverages and hors d’oeuvres included. Bring one (1) Guest complimentary
- Awards Banquet Wednesday evening – Dinner and beverages included. Bring one(1) Guest complimentary
- Veteran’s Golf classic gift bag with logo hat & shirt and more
Top Flight finishers awarded prizes
- Daily contest prizes in each flight
- Random Drawing Prizes
Note: One guest is permitted at all non-golf functions. Additional guests may join at all non-golf functions for an additional $50 per person
For additional information visit the Veteran’s Golf Classic website.
To contact the event staff, Call (800) 833-8798, choose option 6 or Email: VClassic@golfholiday.com