Events in Myrtle Beach
Plan Grand Strand events in Myrtle Beach, the perfect place for meetings, weddings and other occasions. Below is a list of policies for Myrtle Beach group events.
- To qualify for group discounts you must reserve 15 or more rooms
- Minimum night stays may apply
Family Reunion Group Event Restrictions
We require certain minimum qualifications to be met in order to provide group rates for Family Reunions for select high demand travel dates throughout the year. These dates include, but are not limited to, Memorial Day Weekend, Labor Day Weekend, and Mid-June through Mid-August. Oceana Resorts by Wyndham Vacation Rentals may be unable to provide group rate accommodations during peak traffic seasons unless the following minimum requirements are met:
- A 3 night minimum stay is required
- At least 10 rentals must be reserved
- A minimum $5,000 Food & Beverage package must be purchased
Conference Center Policies
- A $150.00 Labor Charge will be applicable to any changes in the function room setup, after the initial setup has been completed
- Round table seating of eight persons is standard; however other seating arrangements may be made. Please consult with your Service Coordinator.
- We will require a confirmation of guaranteed attendance at least two weeks in advance of all functions. Your bill will be based on the guaranteed number, plus any charges over and above what has been guaranteed. Numbers may not be lowered after the two week deadline has been reached. Banquet meals will be prepared for your guaranteed number, however, the room will be set up for 5% over your guarantee, should your numbers exceed guarantee. The Banquet Chef will make every effort to duplicate your menu for the overage; however substitutions may be warranted and/or necessary.
- Fresh seafood, poultry, meats and produce are always plentiful in this area, but certain items are subject to availability. At any given time, we may be forced to substitute certain items to meet our standards of quality. In accordance with DHEC regulations, all food items must be supplied by Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center without exception.
- As a state licensee, we are responsible for the administration of the sales and service of alcoholic beverages in accordance with the South Carolina Alcoholic Beverage Commission’s rules and regulations. By order of state laws, guests of the Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center are prohibited from bringing in any alcoholic beverages to the Licensed Premises. It is our policy, therefore, that the Hotel, without exception, will supply all liquor, beer, and wine. In addition, consumption of alcoholic beverages by anyone less than 21 years of age is strictly forbidden. Any violation of this policy will result in immediate shutdown and the possibility of legal action. All prices subject of 20% gratuity and Applicable State Sales Tax.
- Function rooms are assigned according to anticipated number of guests. Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center reserves the right to reassign the Banquet Function Rooms at its discretion. A room rental fee will be charged where applicable. Decorations and displays may not be attached to walls, ceilings, floors, etc. by any means without authorization from the Service Coordinator. Damage charges will be assessed to anyone improperly attaching items or decorations in meeting rooms. Absolutely no glitter or confetti is permitted in the banquet space.
- Social/Personal events will require a non-refundable deposit of no less than $500 dollars. Dependent on time of year and amount of business booked, the deposit amount may vary. Function space will be confirmed, once Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center has received a signed contract and authorized deposit.
General Hotel Policy
- Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center reserves the right to inspect and control all private functions. Liability for damage to the premises will be charged accordingly. Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center cannot assume responsibility for personal items brought on to the property. Decorations to Banquet Function Rooms must be approved, in advance, and overseen by the Service Coordinator, as attachments to walls, floors; windows and ceilings may cause damage.
- If direct billing is requested, a complete credit application must be submitted to our accounting office at least 60 days in advance of the event. Unless credit has been established with Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center, payment of the total bill must be made in cash, certified check, credit card or personal bank draft 2 weeks prior to the event. With approved credit, full payment will be due payable within 30 days following your event. Any unpaid balance remaining more than 30 days will be subject to a 1.5% per month finance charge, or 18% per annum. Social and/or Personal events are not eligible for credit.
- We will require 100% prepayment 2-weeks in advance of each event, provided credit has not been established. Should your event cancel within 90-days of the scheduled time, we will assess a fee of 50% of estimated lost revenue. If the event cancels within 30-days, you will be charged 75% of the estimated lost revenue. Should you need to reschedule within 30-days of an event, a penalty will be assessed for the original date. Room rental fees are not transferable.
- To assure the availability of menu items, we recommend that selection be submitted to your Catering Service Contact at least 4 weeks prior to your event. Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center will guarantee only the prices quoted in a signed agreement. No food or beverage prices will be guaranteed more than 60 days prior to the function. Because of market fluctuations and availability, pricing and menu selection are subject to change without notice. This change may be no more than the average seasonal fluctuation on a particular menu item. All prices subject of 20% gratuity and 10.5% tax.
Packages for meetings may be delivered to Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center’s Receiving Agent no more than 1 week in advance of your function. Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center will not be responsible for lost, damaged, or missing items. The following information must be included on each package to insure proper delivery:
Attention: Group Sales and Convention Services Dept.
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
2701 South Ocean Blvd.
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582-4641
(Groups contact name)
(Name of group)
(Date of function)
We do not accept COD deliveries.
For more information, call toll free (866) 270-2263 or email email@example.com.