Some policies differ for each resort managed by Oceana Resorts by Wyndham Vacation Rentals. We recommend reviewing the cancellation, check-out, deposits, fees for services, pet policies and more at each resort specifically.
Individual Resort Policies
- Anderson Ocean Club and Spa Policies »
- Bahama Sands Luxury Condominiums Policies »
- Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center Policies »
- Camelot by the Sea Policies »
- Carolinian Beach Resort Policies »
- Harbourgate Marina Club Policies »
- The Patricia Grand Policies »
- Ocean Park Resort Policies »
- Holiday Shores Motel Policies »
Cancellations & Changes
Oceana Resorts offers the opportunity to add an optional Vacation Protection Plan (VPP) to your reservation for $30.00 plus tax that will protect you if you should need to cancel, change plans, or depart early. You can learn more about the VPP here »
This option must be added within 24 hours of confirming your reservation. The VPP can be added easily during Step 2 of your online reservation or by calling (866) 469-7853.
If you choose to decline the Vacation Protection Plan, you understand:
- Advance deposits are non-refundable on reservations that decline the optional Vacation Protection Plan.
- A Date Change Fee* of $20.00 will apply for each date change.
- An Early Departure Fee* will be applied to any reservation departing earlier than the registered date of departure at time of check-in. This fee will range from $50.00-$150.00 based on seasonality and room type.
*If a package rate requires a minimum length of stay, the minimum stay must still be met after any date changes or the rate will be recalculated at current Best Available Rate before applying the fee. Guests who have purchased the Vacation Protection Plan will have this fee waived, but rates may still be adjusted based on minimum length of stay requirements.
Severe Weather Policy
Tropical Storm Watch, Tropical Storm Warning, or Hurricane Watch
Standard cancellation and date change policies remain in place during any Tropical Storm Watch, Tropical Storm Warning, or Hurricane Watch.
Hurricane Warning and/or Evacuation
In the event that an official Hurricane Warning and/or evacuation order has been issued for the Myrtle Beach area, the following policies go into effect:
- Any reservation with travel dates during the Hurricane Warning and/or evacuation order may change dates, cancel, or depart early at any time without penalty.
- If you decide to change dates, please be able to provide the exact dates you would like to transfer your reservation to when speaking with a Vacation Specialist.
- Guests in-house during the Hurricane Warning and/or evacuation order may leave without penalty and be refunded the remainder of their stay.
- If a guest booked on a weekly rate must depart early, the rate will be re-calculated based on the current Best Available Rate and the new actual length of stay and any difference will be refunded.
Best Rate Guarantee Policy
- The competing rate must be for the exact same Oceana Resorts-managed rental type, travel dates, length of stay, currency, and number of guests. The competing rate must also be publicly viewable and bookable via the internet at the time the claim is reviewed by an Oceana Resorts Vacation Specialist. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to unpublished or negotiated rates, or rates pursuant to direct solicitations not intended for the general public.
- Rates advertised by competing property management companies, even within the same building, are not eligible for the Best Rate Guarantee Program.
- Websites and online memberships or programs that require a password or login to view resort rates and inventory are not eligible for the Best Rate Guarantee Program. This includes any memberships or programs in which membership is not automatic and
- (i) requires consumers to “opt-in” to become a member,
- (ii) requires the use of any online or mobile interface that is password protected, or
- (iii) requires consumers to have completed a customer profile.
- Group rates, package rates (e.g., those including golf, attraction tickets, food/beverage, etc.), and opaque rates (i.e., those that do not reveal the name and location of the hotel or resort until after booking, such as those available on Priceline.com and Hotwire.com) are not eligible for the Best Rate Guarantee Program.
- Best Rate Guarantee cannot be combined with any additional discounts or promotional offers.
- A deposit equal to a one (1) night stay is required at the time of reservation. No courtesy holds.
- Oceana Resorts Vacation Specialists have the sole discretion to determine the validity of a Best Rate Guarantee claim. In order to be valid, a claim must comply with all the terms of the Best Rate Guarantee policy.
Oceana Resorts by Wyndham Vacation Rentals reserves the right to modify, alter, suspend, or terminate the Best Rate Guarantee Program at any time without prior notice.
Priority Room Assignment Policy
- Priority room assignment, subject to availability, upon guest’s request.
- Availability is determined by resort at check-in and is only applicable to reservations booked directly with Oceana Resorts by Wyndham Vacation Rentals. Resort may not have the ability to fulfill all priority room assignment requests.
- Requested priority assignments may include recently renovated rentals, more spacious rentals or rentals with a certain view or location; provided, however, that the requested rental must be in the same room type category as the rental initially booked (e.g., if an Ocean View Studio is booked, the priority assignment request may only be for a different Ocean View Studio).
Vacation Protection Plan Policy
- The Vacation Protection Plan (VPP) is an optional service and must be voluntarily activated within 24 hours of reservation confirmation. If VPP is not activated within 24 hours of reservation confirmation, standard cancellation and date change fees and policies will apply.
- A VPP activation fee of $30 plus tax will be applied to any reservation that opts in to VPP.
- Designated non-refundable rate plans (e.g., Advance Purchase Rates) are not eligible for VPP.
- Reservations with VPP are exempt from the standard cancellation fee, date change fee and early departure fee.
- If the reservation is canceled before arrival, a refund equal to the full initial reservation deposit minus the VPP activation fee will be returned to the guest.
- Early departures from rate plans with minimum length-of-stay requirements will be reviewed based on the resulting length-of-stay. If the initial minimum length-of-stay requirement is no longer met, the reservation will be recalculated using the current Best Available Rate and any remaining balance will be refunded. Such early departures require check-out by 11:00 AM to avoid charges for additional nights.
Oceana Resorts by Wyndham Vacation Rentals reserves the right to modify, alter, suspend, or terminate the Vacation Protection Plan Service at any time without prior notice.