Dates of Tournament:
August 27 – August 31, 2018
This tournament is a 72-hole individual stroke play competition with an 18-hole championship playoff.
2018 World Am Host Accommodations
Call (877) 840-8467 to reserve your accommodations!
Be sure to mention World Amateur Promo Code WAS8 when making reservations.
Camelot by the Sea
- Oceanfront Studio $141* per night
- Oceanfront 1 Bedroom Suite $151* per night
Carolinian Beach Resort†
- Oceanfront Standard Room $126* per night
- Ocean View 1 Bedroom Suite $146* per night
- Oceanfront 1 Bedroom Suite $153* per night
The Patricia Grand†
- Oceanfront Efficiency $116* per night
- Ocean View 1 Bedroom Suite $131* per night
- Oceanfront 1 Bedroom Suite $141* per night
Bay Watch Resort
- Oceanfront 1 Bedroom Suite $137* per night
†Stays at Carolinian Beach Resort and The Patricia Grand include free hot breakfast.
*Some restrictions may apply. Room rates are based on 2 people per bedroom; additional persons 18 and over add $20.00 per night plus tax. Taxes and fees are not included. Cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts. Rates valid 8/19/18 – 9/3/18.
World Amateur Handicap Championship Information
All amateur golfers with an established USGA Slope Handicap Index or equivalent 18-hole handicap are eligible. Entrants from outside the U.S. must have equally verifiable handicaps. The deadline for tournament entries is August 3, 2018.
Please call 1-800-833-8798 – The Entry fee includes:
- Four rounds of net stroke tournament play on a different course each day. One completed round will constitute a tournament. Opportunity of competing in a fifth round championship playoff on Friday, August 31, 2018 (for flight winners and ties).
- Top five players in each flight receive a prize. Daily low net, long drive, closest-to-the-pin, closest-to-the-line, and hole-in-ones also share the spoils of victory.
- Coffee, bagels & doughnuts at golf course each day
- Gift bag upon arrival with tournament logoed golf merchandise
- Four evenings of food, drink, golf expo, games and live entertainment at the World’s Largest 19th Hole for participant and a guest.
- On Thursday evening, every participant will be eligible for the random drawing for various prizes
The tournament field will consist of six divisions – Gross, Men (49 and under), Senior Men (50-59), Mid-Senior Men (60-69), Super Senior Men (70 and above), Senior Men Gross (70-79), Senior Men Gross (80+), and Women. Men may choose to play in their division or the age groups below them. The divisions are further divided into flights of players with similar handicap indexes. Players compete within their flights in computer-assigned threesomes for the four days of regulation play. The number, size and handicap of each flight will depend on the number of entrants. There were 64 flights in 2009: 14 Men, 18 Senior Men, 20 Mid Senior Men, 6 Super Senior Men, and 6 Women.
Over 50 Grand Strand golf courses will host the tournament. Each flight will be assigned to a different course for each day’s play. There will be a 9:00 AM shotgun start each day. Final course assignments will be distributed at tournament registration. Please arrive approximately 45 minutes prior to play; any player missing the shotgun start will be disqualified.
Players are required to ride in a cart that will be assigned to them prior to each tournament round. No player will be allowed to use a caddie. Spectator allowance is determined by each host golf course. Spectators must remain on or near the cart path and are prohibited from interfering with play, giving advice or caddying for the participants.
Participants are responsible for their own transportation.
All participants will register at one of the PGA Tour Superstore locations listed below. You will be receiving an email from the tournament staff requesting the date and location you are planning to register.
PGA Tour Superstore Locations:
Saturday, August 25 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Broadway at the Beach Location
1400 29th Avenue North
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Sunday, August 26 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
North Myrtle Beach Location
2310 Highway 17 South
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582
The World Am will refund participants based on the date of the cancel request being received by tournament staff:
- between date of entry and end of day August 3, 2018 – $40 cancellation fee.
- between August 4, 2018 and end of day August 13, 2018 – $140 cancellation fee.
- between August 14, 2018 and end of day August 24, 2018 – $240 cancellation fee.
- after August 24 no refunds are granted regardless of nature of request.
Any cancellations must be in writing and sent to the Tournament staff either by email or by direct mail. Emails can be sent to email@example.com and written cancellations may be sent to WAHC REFUNDS/1705 N Oak St, Suite 6/Myrtle Beach SC 29577.
Additionally, one round of tournament play will constitute a completed tournament in the event of prolonged inclement weather. No refunds will be made if the tournament is canceled or shortened due to weather, nature or act of God.
Rules of Play:
The USGA Rules of Golf will govern play. Local rules at each course will apply.
Non-Metal Spike Policy:
Tournament requires all golfers to use shoes equipped with Softspikes or other non-metal spike alternatives.
The tournament will be conducted using the USGA Handicap System. Based on their assigned Tournament Handicap Index, each entrant will play their tournament rounds with a daily course handicap based on the USGA slope of the entrant’s assigned golf courses and tees for each round. Please consult with your local PGA Professional or call tournament headquarters to find out more information on establishing a handicap index.
All entrants are recommended to have an established USGA Handicap Index (or equivalent for international players) before May 15, 2018. Limited history can result in more arduous assessments process during competition. In order to obtain a USGA Handicap Index, a golfer must join a USGA authorized golf club and post adjusted gross scores. These scores are subject to peer review. After at least five scores have been posted, the club will issue a handicap index. If you do not have an established handicap by May 15, please contact the WAHC before registering, and we will assist you in any way possible. It is highly recommended you have an established handicap at the time of registration, however it is not mandatory. Make sure your club is authorized by the USGA. **Please note: Though your golf course maintains your handicap on site, it does not ensure it is USGA authorized. Use the link to verify authorization.**
If a player has different handicap indexes at different clubs, the lowest USGA Handicap Index must be used. Women will be allowed a handicap index up to 40.4 and men up to 36.4 as per the USGA policy.
For more information on handicaps, contact the tournament office at (800) 833-8798, option 4.
All Confirmations will be sent out by email, or regular mail if no email address is provided. If you have not received a confirmation, please contact the tournament office to confirm your entry.
To contact the event staff, call (800) 833-8798 choose option 4 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.